Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Team 'Stop Making Terrible Adaptations of Good Books' 2KForever

Long time, no see. I know, I'm possibly the worst blogger of all time, but life gets in the way of things. However, I've come back on very important business.

The first trailer for The Scorch Trials movie was just released and boy, am I unimpressed. LITERALLY NOTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE TRAILER HAPPENS IN THE BOOK. NOTHING. I'M SO ANGRY. Yes, that caps lock was completely necessary. It looks like they did the exact same thing they did with The Maze Runner, which is to say that they COMPLETELY IGNORED THE SOURCE MATERIAL. I just... I don't understand why this keeps happening. Just do it right. Is that so hard? There is literally an instruction manual for how that movie is supposed to go, it's called the fucking book. I don't understand. I... don't... understand...

If you haven't seen it yet, watch it. It's terrible and I'm very angry about it. I mean, I'm still going to see the movie, but just to make sure it's terrible. My hopes are coming in around the floor, but I still have a feeling they are going to be too high.

As for the rest of our business, I'm trying to start up making posts again. I still haven't read House of Leaves yet. I've read the beginning, I just need to get motivated again. I'll do it, I promise. I'm not going to provide a timeline, though. We all know how that works out.

Until Next Time, Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment